Our client is a market leading specialist in the design and manufacture of bespoke steel beams for the construction industry. Based in Wetherby they are seeking to recruit experienced Welding Inspectors to be responsible for all welding activities. Actively driving a ‘Right First Time’ attitude across the shop floor you will safeguard compliance with company quality standards and controls ensuring all client’s requirements are met. Duties include
- Monitoring of day to day welding activities ensuring correct procedures are being adhered to and appropriate standards are being met.
- Control of welding consumables ensuring full availability of all welding related equipment.
- Ensuring all welding and inspection related equipment is suitably calibrated.
- Assessment of potential new welding recruits and contributing towards the training of new employees.
- Ensuring welders have relevant qualifications to meet the standards set by the Company and its Clients.
- Dealing with shop floor welding queries and liaising with other departments to resolve any issues.
- Ensuring all quality documentation is completed on time and to the required standard.
- Reviewing QITP’s and communicating to shop floor personnel.
- Recording and analysing errors for trends and assisting in suggesting/applying corrective actions.
- Ensuring required NDT targets are met and organising 3rd party testing where required.
- Involvement in 5S and continuous improvement.
Applicants will have previous supervisory experience in a similar role supported by the following qualifications:
- PCN Level 2 in MPI
- PCN Level 2 in WI (or equivalent)
- BCSA RWC (Desirable)
The successful candidate will demonstrate a logical and fastidious approach coupled with the ability to prioritise effectively and build good working relationships.
Hours of work: 42 hrs per week
Days: 06.00 – 17.00 Monday to Thursday
Nights: 18.00 – 05.00 Monday to Thursday