Our client is a market leading specialist in the design and manufacture of bespoke steel beams for the construction industry. Based in Wetherby they are seeking to recruit an experienced Welding Co-ordinator to be responsible for all welding activities. Actively driving a ‘Right First Time’ attitude across the shop floor you will safeguard compliance with company quality standards and controls ensuring all client’s requirements are met. Duties include
• Monitoring of day to day welding activities ensuring correct procedures are being adhered to and appropriate standards are being met.
• Control of welding consumables ensuring full availability of all welding related equipment.
• Ensuring all welding and inspection related equipment is suitably calibrated.
• Assessment of potential new welding recruits and contributing towards the training of new employees.
• Ensuring welders have relevant qualifications to meet the standards set by the Company and its Clients.
• Dealing with shop floor welding queries and liaising with other departments to resolve any issues.
• Ensuring all quality documentation is completed on time and to the required standard.
• Reviewing QITP’s and communicating to shop floor personnel.
• Recording and analysing errors for trends and assisting in suggesting/applying corrective actions.
• Ensuring required NDT targets are met and organising 3rd party testing where required.
• Involvement in 5S and continuous improvement.
Applicants will have previous supervisory experience in a similar role supported by the following qualifications:
• PCN Level 2 in MPI
• PCN Level 2 in WI (or equivalent)
• BCSA RWC (Desirable)
The successful candidate will demonstrate a logical and fastidious approach coupled with the ability to prioritise effectively and build good working relationships.
Hours of work: 42 hrs per week( 06.00 – 17.00 Monday to Thursday)