The Applebridge Family is a group of construction companies who offer a wide range of construction disciplines within the residential, commercial, and multi-utility sectors. We deliver an extensive range of capabilities and capacities in the areas of ground investigation, earthworks, plant hire, groundworks, civil engineering, multi-utilities, retaining wall solutions, building services, and road surfacing.
Having enjoyed sustained growth since our incorporation, we now have a collective annual turnover of over £80 million and employ over 400 staff. With diverse capabilities and real strength in numbers, we are uniquely positioned to take on volume of work, delivering projects throughout Yorkshire and the North East of England.
We are looking for a Senior Estimator to join our team and be part of Applebridge’s journey to become a market leader. Reporting to the Preconstruction Manager you will be responsible for providing accurate and efficient estimates based on contract tender documents and customer enquiries. Duties will include:
• Managing client relations and the enquiry process, relaying information in a clear, concise, and timely manner
• Coordinating and submitting detailed quotations
• Fostering excellent relationships with current and prospective clients, including attending, and contributing to client meetings
• Ensuring the smooth operation of the estimating and Tender process, liaising closely with clients and all departments across the group
• Supporting the business in the successful conversion of estimates into orders
• Working with the Procurement team delivering timely and effective bids for new contracts
• Leading and supporting our junior team members through their professional development
Applicants should possess extensive experience as an Estimator in a Construction environment, ideally supported by a HND / Degree in a Construction related discipline. Effective time management and the ability to meet tender deadlines in a fast-paced commercial environment is essential. The successful candidate will demonstrate excellent communication / interpersonal skills coupled with a strong commercial awareness as you will be required to think innovatively and proactively throughout the negotiation process. Outstanding attention to detail and accuracy is essential.
A collaborative mindset is at the heart of Applebridge’s success; we pride ourselves on the strong relationships we have built with both clients and staff. As a group of highly motivated professionals, we aim to be the best at what we do, and it is essential that candidates are similarly inclined – in return, we can offer an exciting opportunity to work, grow and thrive in an environment that will challenge, support, and reward you for your dedication.
Applebridge values diversity and welcomes all applicants. If you have a disability and require adjustments during the application or interview process, please inform us. We are committed to providing support to ensure the process is an equitable and accessible experience for all candidates.