Our client has attained an unrivalled position as the largest and most successful structural steelwork contractor in the UK. The Group consists of numerous subsidiaries which are involved in high profile building and engineering projects throughout the UK and overseas.
They now require an NDT Technician ideally from a steel construction background, based at their manufacturing facility in Thirsk
The main purpose of the role is to conduct NDT and visual inspection of structurally welded steelwork (plus in process inspection and checks) to ensure that client specifications are met and quality standards maintained.
Candidates must have the following qualifications (or equivalent):
- PCN level 2 MPI
- PCN Level 2 in ultrasonic testing
- CSWIP 3.0 Visual Inspection
Any other NDT qualifications would be an advantage.
- have experience working in a structural steel NDT role
- be able to read technical drawings
- have experience writing NDT reports
- be able to demonstrate previous relevant experience
- be capable of operating effectively when working unsupervised
- be able communicate effectively
- be IT literate
- be flexible, well organised and conscientious
Hours of work: 8pm – 04.30am Mon – Thursday (32 Hours)