Our client has attained an unrivalled position as the largest and most successful structural steelwork contractor in the UK. The Group consists of numerous subsidiaries which are involved in high profile building and engineering projects throughout the UK and overseas.
They have an immediate requirement for a Maintenance Engineer at their fabrication facility in Lostock, Bolton. Duties will include:
- Servicing and repair of company equipment and machinery including PPM.
- Responding to breakdowns, fault finding, diagnosis and repair.
- Instillation of new machinery.
- Assisting with improvement projects to help improve machine efficiencies.
- Carrying out prior to use safety inspections, recording and reporting any adverse actions/conditions.
- Maintaining a safe working environment by only adopting safe working practices and ensuring that housekeeping is of the highest standard.
Applicants should possess extensive knowledge and experience of electrical and mechanical maintenance supported with a qualification in Electrical Engineering. Having previously worked in a HHeavy Engineering environment (ideally with fabrication equipment and overhead cranes) you will be Health & Safety aware with the ability to meet deadlines and manage time effectively. The successful candidate will demonstrate excellent communication skills with a capacity to work both in a team environment and on their own initiative.