The Applebridge Family is a group of construction companies who offer a wide range of construction disciplines within the residential, commercial, and multi-utility sectors. They deliver an extensive range of capabilities and capacities in the areas of ground investigation, earthworks, plant hire, groundworks, civil engineering, multi-utilities, retaining wall solutions, building services, and road surfacing.
Having enjoyed sustained growth since their incorporation, they now have a collective annual turnover of over £80 million and employ over 400 staff. With diverse capabilities and real strength in numbers, they are uniquely positioned to take on volume of work, delivering projects throughout Yorkshire and the North East of England.
They are looking for an experienced Estimator to join their team and be part of Applebridge’s journey to become a market leader. Reporting to the Preconstruction Director you will be responsible for providing accurate and efficient estimates based on contractor tender documents and customer enquiries. Duties will include:
• Managing the enquiry process
• Submitting detailed quotations
• Fostering excellent relationships with current and prospective clients, including attending, and contributing to client meetings
• Ensuring the smooth operation of the estimating and tender process, liaising closely with clients and all departments across the group
• Supporting the business in the successful conversion of estimates into orders
• Mentoring and supporting our junior team members through their professional development
Applicants should possess previous experience as an Estimator, ideally supported by a HND / Degree in a Construction related discipline. Exposure to working in a construction environment is highly desirable, as you will be required to take full responsibility for bids. Effective time management and the ability to meet Tender deadlines in a fast-paced commercial environment is essential.
A collaborative mindset is at the heart of Applebridge’s success; they pride ourselves on the strong relationships they have built with both clients and staff. As a group of highly motivated professionals, they aim to be the best at what they do, and it is essential that candidates are similarly inclined – in return, they can offer an exciting opportunity to work, grow and thrive in an environment that will challenge, support, and reward you for your dedication.